Your vacation is booked, and now it’s time to plan out the details! Here’s a quick guide to everything that you need to know to plan the perfect Walt Disney World vacation!
My Disney Experience
Now that your deposit is paid, you can start your planning online before you hit the parks! Disney has introduced MyDisneyExperience for all guests to get a jumpstart on their planning. Once you register/log in, you will be able to link all your resort reservations, dining, and family and friends traveling with you.
Once you’re in your MyDisneyExperience account, you can link your reservation by going to the “MyDisneyExperience” tab and selecting “My Reservations & Tickets” and then “Link Resort Reservation”. At that point, you’ll enter your confirmation number and last name to link the reservation. You can also download the free My Disney Experience app on your smartphone from the app store. This will allow you to access your magical itinerary on the go!
30 days before check in
Your deposit has been paid, and your final payment just has to be paid 30 days before check in. You can make as many payments as you’d like between now and then. To make a payment, you can submit your information here:
30 days before check in
This plan covers you and your family for certain unexpected circumstances. The Travel Protection Plan is optional and available for purchase up until final trip payment. Travel insurance is $82.50 per adult and $6 per child. Learn more about what is covered and fill out our Travel Insurance Acknowledgment Form here:
For Trips Before January 9, 2024 Only
The Disney Park Pass system is now open to guests with valid admission. The number of theme park reservation days you can hold at one time varies based on your plans:
- Disney Resort and other Select Hotel Guests can make park reservations for dates during their stay for the number of days that they have valid theme park admission.
- Annual Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3-5 days at a time (depending on Annual Pass) and for their length of stay if staying at a Disney Resort or other select hotel.
- Park Ticket Holders can make reservations for the number of days of valid theme park admission.
60 Days Before Check In
There are literally hundreds of dining options available at Walt Disney World, so there’s guaranteed to be a little something for everyone! One of the best ways to take advantage of all of the options is to make dining reservations before you arrive. Many of the most popular restaurants will book up right at the 60 day opening, so if you’re wanting to score these reservations, we’ll need to get them as soon as they open.
formerly known as Fastpass+
Genie+ starts at $15 per person per day that gives you access to Lightning Lane (LL). It’s not for every ride, and you can only ride each ride one time using the Lightning Lane. Individual Lightning Lane (ILL) rides in each park are purchased individually that isn’t included in the Genie+ purchase, and the price per ride depends on the day. You can buy up to 2 Individual Lightning Lane (ILL) rides per day, and if you have a park hopper, those 2 rides can be in different parks – ex: Rise of the Resistance + Flight of Passage. You CAN buy just the extra rides without buying Genie+, so if you want to ride Flight of Passage but aren’t concerned about doing Lightning Lane for anything else that day, you can just get Flight of Passage and not purchase Genie+.
Individual Lightning Lane:
- TRON Lightcycle / Run
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Avatar Flight of Passage
Genie+ Lightning Lane:
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theater
- Meet Princess Tiana and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (seasonal)
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Frozen Ever After
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE – Green
- Mission: SPACE – Orange
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Test Track
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
- Disney Junior Play & Dance!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Meet Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tour – The Adventures Continue
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
- Expedition Everest
- Feathered Friends in Flight!
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo: The Big Blue…and Beyond!
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Na’vi River Journey
You will also be able to customize your MagicBands in your account! These bands contain your admission to the parks, allow you to charge items to your hotel room account, etc. There are also tons of designs and colors available at Disney World or on the ShopDisney website!
For arrivals after 12/31/20, MagicBands are no longer complimentary.
Magical Express is no longer available for complimentary transportation to Walt Disney World Resort from Orlando International Airport. We have a few other options for getting to and from property including a rental car, Away We Go Transportation, Mears Connect, Uber/Lyft, or private car service. Let’s talk about which mode of transportation would be best for your family!